was created in 1810 by Urbain Pierre Pédesclaux, a well-respected Bordeaux wine merchant. In the famous 1855 classification Château Pédeslcaux was given the rank of Pauillac Fifth Grand Cru Classé. The Count of Gastebois purchased the property in 1891 and oversaw a complete renovation dedicated to improving the quality of the wines. A Monsieur Lorenzetti, owner of Château Lilian-Ladouys, then bought the property and proceeded to overhaul the estate, adding new parcels to the property, replanting the vineyards, and hiring an entirely new production team. All of these efforts had a single goal: to produce wine worthy of the château's early fame.
By the time of the famous 1855 classification Château Pédesclaux was a property of 25 hectares (62 acres) in the village of Pauillac. The vineyards are divided into two groups of parcels with distinct soil types. The first sits on gravel over clay and limestone in the northern part of the appellation, between Château Mouton-Rothschild and Château Pontet-Canet, and brings power and bouquet to the wines. The second is in the western part of Pauillac, near Château Lynch-Bages, on a soil of siliceous gravel that offers finesse and minerality. The blend here is 45% Merlot—unusually high for a Médoc Cru Classé—with 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc.
More informations on the website Pédesclaux