The vineyards of the Pierre Gimonnet & Fils
Champagne House are located in the Côte des Blancs. The history of Gimonnet family in Champagne started in 1750. In the beginning, the Gimonnets were wine growers and delivered their grapes to the Champagne négociants. It was only in the period between the two world wars that the company started vinifying its wines. In around 1935, Pierre published his first price list. It featured fresh grape juice along with "still wine originating in the Champagne" and "cru champagnes" ... all practically at the same price.
Since 1955, Pierre Gimonnet's son, Michel, has been boldly developing the company's range of Champagnes with a distinct house style. Aware of the uniqueness of the family's vineyards, he wanted the style of his champagnes to express the beauty, vivacity and elegance of these terroirs. Today the vineyards cover around 28 hectares in Grand Cru and Premier Cru areas. In early 2008, Pierre Gimonnet & Fils acquired almost 2 hectares in four parcels in the Premier Cru terroir of Vertus.
All the grapes are picked by hand. The pressing is carried out in the traditional manner, with separation of the musts, in two pneumatic presses which have been managed automatically since 1996. Conscious of the diversity and richness of their vineyards, Olivier and Didier Gimonnet, the current directors of Champagnes Pierre Gimonnet & Fils are sparing no effort to bring out their finest expressions.
More informations on the website Pierre Gimonnet et Fils